“70 Years of Interviews with Manuel Álvarez Bravo, Second Stage”
Thanks to the support that the Fondo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes (National Fund for Culture and Arts) awarded to the Asociación Manuel Alvarez Bravo for the project “70 Years of Interviews with Manuel Álvarez Bravo, Second Stage,” the Asociación currently conducts research that includes scanning, transcription, and analysis of interviews with Manuel Álvarez Bravo between 1931 and 2001. The following are some examples:
- “Ricardo Mantel o lo que hizo por nosotros: entrevista con Manuel Álvarez Bravo” (Ricardo Mantel or what he did for us: interview with Manuel Álvarez Bravo) by Carlos del Río in Revista de Revistas, December 20, 1931.
- “Bravo Bravo!” by Tom Picton and Marcos Valdivia in Camera Work, no. 3, July 1976.
- “Entrevista con el maestro Manuel Álvarez Bravo: los fotógrafos vamos para arriba, despacito, despacito” (Interview with maestro Manuel Álvarez Bravo: we photographers are coming up slowly, slowly) in Foto Forum, no. 4, June 1989.
- “La bella y perenne imagen de Álvarez Bravo” (The beautiful and enduring image of Álvarez Bravo) by Laura Arley in Jueves de Excélsior, no. 3679, January 21, 1993.
- “La fotografía es tiempo” (Photography is time) by Adriana Malvido in Equis, no. 35, March 2001.